First things first.
We registered finally! Yay! We decided to register at Buy Buy Baby since it is close. It's actually also affiliated with Bed Bath & Beyond. Surprise! They're both BBB. ha! Clever. We found out that they accept bed bath coupons which is a big plus I think. Registering took us about 3 hours or so? My goodness! It is very overwhelming to say the least.... so much stuff! And why is everything so expensive? Booo~ Even hospital feels with insurance is expensive. I need to start working soon. But all the more, I realize in times like these that God is good and that He is in control. So I shall cast my burdens upon him =) Thank you Jesus!
Another thing I started started thinking about is baby shower stuff. So my school friends have been generous enough to throw me one before we graduate between school friends, which I am so grateful for! I feel so blessed and privileged to have wonderful friends who care so much! :) Thank you ladies! Besides that, who is suppose to throw you a baby shower? Is it friends? Family? Is it tacky for me to throw one myself? Is that a no-no? Everything is so confusing and I just don't want to think about it anymore. Are you suppose to ask someone to throw it for you are are they suppose to volunteer? I don't know~~
In other news, our baby boy is moving around muchos~ Elliott has definitely felt him move a lot and you can actually feel him when he's adjusting and squirming around to get comfortable. He also does get startled by loud noises, because when a music comes on which is pretty loud, he jumps! I don't know if he's agitated or just enjoying the music but he sure does move around a lot! You can also see my belly wiggle sometimes when he's adjusting. That's been pretty fun to see. Sometimes I just sit there and stare at my belly! hehe :)
I am starting to show more. Doctor says I'm small for where I should be but we are due for a sonogram in 3 weeks so we can determine everything then. Other than that, baby's heart rate is nice and strong so there are no worries so far. Plus our 20 week sonogram was perfect so she's not worried so much. Oh yea and between my 20 and 24 week appointment, I gained approximately 6-8 lbs. Yikes! Kinda scary to see the numbers go up like that....
In any case, here's me at 24 weeks 3 days!

I totally understand your anxiety about the baby shower! I have been thinking about all this stuff too! By the time my shower is due to come around no one will really be left in MD and all my childhood friends or college friends are spread all over the country :( I think Ryan and I might end up throwing one ourselves combined boys and girls, really just an excuse for a party! Hehe I hope that's not tacky either and I hope you'll come! Anyhoo I'm really looking forward to seeing you next week at your shower!
ReplyDeletei thever every mother feels the same anxiety while they are preggers. You will be perfect. When i was prego with Athena.. i didn't gain all my weight til the last trimester. YOu look great! Congrats. I'm hoping someday i'll get to meet your kid in person? Being a mother is blessing! You will be an amazing mother. :) lots of love from Cali!
ReplyDeleteI remember feeling overwhelmed, everything will work itself out. I love Buy Buy Baby! Just a suggestion, you may want to go ahead and register for a few things at Babies R Us since they are EVERYWHERE, in case you have some friends/family who don't live close to Rockville/Springfield. Plus, they'll send you completion coupons for anything left on your registry just before your due date.
ReplyDeleteI have more to add but I have a crying baby ;-/
I've been to a several showers where people threw them themselves. I didn't see anything wrong with it. I just think it would have been to stressful to plan out. My inlaws threw my shower along with my cousins, and it worked out fine.
Great post!! As for the shower, I say do whatever you want! Isn't that how things are these days?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comforting words ladies =)
ReplyDeleteJen, I'll def be at your shower! hehe I can't wait to see u with your bump! Well i'll see u next week! ehhe
Wendy: If you're ever in town let me know!! :D And if i'm back in cali, i'd love to meet athena as well!!! she's so beautiful!
Shelli: I still can't believe u're a mom. i haven't seen u in ages!
Ina: I shall do whatever i want! hahaha are u visiting md any time soon? :) I haven't seen u since.... u're wedding!!! almost a year already!
hi Sunny! We all have anxiety, but you are right, God takes care of everything. Just focus on being happy and healthy!
ReplyDelete