Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

12 weeks and 4 days!

So I went to see the doc this past thursday for a routine visit at 9am and then a 1st trimester screening at 11am! At the first visit, did some more blood work (I never did so much blood work in my life!) and got to hear the baby's heart beat =) Last time we just saw it but this time I actually got to hear it! It was pretty amazing!

As I headed to my 2nd appointment, it was a bit nerve wrecking~ I mean I new everything will be ok but still! So 1st trimester screening is where they do the nuchal fold test and other blood work to detect downe's syndrome and other genetic disorders. According to the sonogram, everything was great! However, it does need to be confirmed by a blood test. They said if blood test shows negative, we won't hear from them. However, if the blood test shows something bad, I'll be getting a phone call either this or next week! So far no phone calls!!

So at the 2nd appointment, got to see the baby again! How much it has grown!!! =) It's amazing to see the arms and feet and everything! They baby had to be in a specific position for the screening to be done. The baby was not trying to be cooperative... gotta feeling he/she is gonna be a stubborn one! The sono tech lady was poking my belly with the sonogram probe trying to make the baby move! Sometimes they would move other times no! I saw the baby move around like crazy, moving arms around frantically like "LET ME BE!" and kicking its legs. hehe it was pretty amusing! I got to hear the heart beat again at this appointment as well! It was 167bpm~ Nice and strong :)

As for symptoms, the nausea is getting better, but replaced by headaches. At least the nausea is not constant at this point. However, it does occur typically in the evenings. I actually lost some weight from when I first found out I was pregnant because it was so hard to eat when everything made me wanna hurl (with exception of fruits). Dr. however said it's ok to lose weight up to 16 weeks as long as I gain it eventually later on!

I still have no cravings at the moment~

Poor hubby though because I have not been able to cook for him in ages because the smell of food in the house made me wanna puke as well. Hopefully this phase will end soon tho! I am hopeful =)

In any case, here are some pics! (I only got 2 pics this time~)


That's his/her feet up there, just chillin and taking a nap. Supposedly when babies are in the womb initially early on, they are super active for like 2 minutes, then like to rest for another 2 minutes or something like that~ You get the idea =)


Here the baby's foot is folded so can't see it as much and the arms are on the side so can't really see! from head to rump, baby is approximated 6cm long =)

Next appointment is in another 3 weeks, but no sono until next next visit (so at 19 weeks! and then 28 weeks!). It'll be sad not to see the baby but hopefully I will start showing then! So far I don't show at all and still able to fit in most of my clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment